Forum Discussion

NealMacIsaac-7c
Community Member
6 years ago

Engage wont display automatically inside Storyline 360

Hi, I have converted a Presenter 13 course into Storyline 360 and having a playback issues with the multiple step Engage interactions. Quizmaker pages are not affected. 

When you come to the "slide" that the Engage should start, it comes up grey with a white circle where the rotating dial usually appears. If you click the page anywhere, Engage will start.

Anyway to get this grey box gone?

• Greetings, Neal. I'm sorry you're seeing that!

Does this problem only happen in Chrome? We're currently looking into an issue where Engage interactions in Storyline 360 show a play button in Chrome, regardless of what media gets added. 

If that doesn't match your scenario, I'd love to take a look at your .story file with your permission. You can send it privately to me by using this link. I'll delete it after troubleshooting!

NealMacIsaac-7c
      Community Member

Hi Katie,

I have a bigger issue now of the file no opening and my IT dept can't find a backup of it, so I have to start fresh :(

On a side note, I think it was just in Chrome I was having the issue.

• Oh no, Neal. I'm sorry that happened!

Did you see an error message when trying to open the project? Have you had a chance to check your Temp Files for any working versions of the course? 

Those clues should help shed more light on where things went wrong, and we'll troubleshoot further from there!

Also, thank you for confirming that detail on the browser. I'll add your experience to the bug's report to keep you updated on any new developments!

ArpanaKumari
    Community Member

Hi Team,

I am also facing the same issue with my Engage 360 files. I have inserted my files into the storyline course but the files does not load automatically when I am using chrome.

Can you please provide any solution for this issue?

Thanks

Arpana

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hi Arpana!

Sorry that you're running into this issue with Engage 360 files! Would you mind sharing the .story file so I can see why they aren't loading automatically? You can share the .story file by using this secure upload link.

• Hi, Neal and Arpana.

We appreciate your patience while our team investigated this.

I am happy to share some great news! We fixed the issue you reported where:
    Engage Interactions Overlaid with Play Button in Chrome

Be sure to install the latest Storyline 360 update (Build 3.50.24668.0) to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes. 

If the problem happens again, please let us know, or you can always work directly with our support engineers here.

BrianLawson
    Community Member

This problem with the grey slide with the dot is happening with my converted presenter course in Storyline now. When I look at the options for the engage interaction it is set to load automatically, but the grey slide is still showing up to require the extra click.

BeccaLevan
      Community Member

Hey Brian!

Sorry you've hit a snag! We'll want our support engineers to step in and take a closer look at your files to help determine what's going on. Are you able to share your files with us privately via this link? We'll be in touch shortly after testing!