Forum Discussion

BrianCook-db8f1
Community Member
2 months ago

Error in Rise: Your Course Has Been Updated by a Collaborator...

I am getting an error message when trying to edit anything in a Rise course: Your Course Has Been Updated by a Collaborator and is Out of Date. Please refresh and add your change again.

I am not the original owner, but I was added as one and other added owners are not having this issue.

Tried: restarting course, Rise, the unit, purged web cache. Same over a 12 hour span now.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!

• Hello everyone, 🎉

I'm happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360. This update fixes the issue you encountered where collaborators receive an "updated by a collaborator and is out of date" error message when editing.

There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export your Rise 360 course again.

Let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!

KelseyCorder-ca
      Community Member

A workaround I found was having the owner make a duplicate, and for some reason I could then edit in the duplicate course. 

• A workaround I found was having the owner make a duplicate, and for some reason I could then edit in the duplicate course. 

NBirks
    Community Member

Same issue. Can't proceed with my work at all.

• Hi Everyone!

Sorry to hear you've been affected by this issue!

I can confirm we have this behavior logged as a bug in Rise 360. This bug causes:

• When editing a course as a collaborator, users receive an "updated by a collaborator and is out of date" error message.

I've included your voices in the bug report and will update this discussion as soon as a fix is in place. Thank you for your patience. Sorry if this has been slowing you down!

• Hello everyone, 🎉

I'm happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360. This update fixes the issue you encountered where collaborators receive an "updated by a collaborator and is out of date" error message when editing.

There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export your Rise 360 course again.

Let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!