Forum Discussion

SamBarnard-98a4
Community Member
2 months ago

Download uploaded videos from Rise 360 courses

Hello,

I have a situation where I would like to take one video from one course, and copy that video into another course. The video I want is currently sat inside a video block, but I would like to use it in a process block in another course.

Is it possible to download the video file from the video block so I can very easily upload it into the process block in the other course?

I did have a look to see if I could change the video block to a process block within Rise so I could rebuild my process block if I couldn't take the video out, but this does not seem to be possible.

Kind regards,

Sam

• I wouldn't say these instructions are as easy as it should be, but it is possible to get that video. Hope these steps help and make sense. Attached a short Gif to help illustrate the instructions 

• In Chrome, scroll to the Video Block
    • Right click next to the video and click 'Inspect'
    • A window will pop up and in the top left corner is an icon that looks like a cursor with a dotted box, click that
    • Then click on the video block (you will see it light up blue)
    • This will navigate that window of HTML elements to where your 'video' element exists (you will see it light up blue again)
    • In there is the "Source" file (src)
    • Copy that URL (you can double click into it) and paste it into a new tab in your browser
    • Then hit Save, Options are right click and 'Save video as.. ' or just hit control+s or cmd+s for Mac

Hope that helps! 

SamBarnard-98a4
      Community Member

Thank you for the help John!

Can confirm it has worked a treat and was far easier than the alternative.

Kind regards,

Sam