Forum Discussion

JonathanCook-af
Community Member
2 years ago

"Expandable and then return to normal" Image in Storyline 360 Quiz

Hi everyone,

Another one of the new folks here.

I am creating a graded quiz in storyline 360 where the user needs to be able to click on the image, the image expands to a "full screen" size, and then return to its normal size when the user clicks on it again. I am assuming this would be a fairly common scenario and I while I have found a case that explained the basic way of doing it, I cannot seem to get it to work.

I have enclosed a screenshot to show my approach which works to an extent. I created the normal image on the quiz and then created an expanded state. I set the trigger to change the image to the expanded state when a user clicked it, and it worked fine. The issue comes in getting it back to a normal state. I thought this would be fairly simple but clearly I am not doing it correctly.

I have tried to create another trigger afterwards that the image would go to normal state when clicked but then neither worked. So I thought it may be object conditions for one or both of the triggers but I cant seem to work either. I'm sure it must be something simple that I am missing but I would appreciate anyone's guidance into what I am doing wrong.

Thanks so much!

• The simplest way to toggle the image would be to put the larger version into the Selected state. Then you don't need any triggers. When an object has a Normal state and a Selected state, clicking it will toggle between those two states.

Another option is to use the Zoom Picture feature. That automatically increases the size of a picture to fill as much of the player as possible, based on its resolution.