Forum Discussion

LusaCardoso
Community Member
2 months ago

Featuring: Restrict Navigation

I created a course on Rise, with several modules and I would like to block the modules so that users can complete them in order. Modules must be available for access after the previous module is completed. 

To carry out the configuration, I accessed: Theme > Navigation > And checked the "On" option in Restrict Navigation - prevent learners from freely navigating the course.

In the preview, it appears as if the modules were blocked (a prohibited icon appears when hovering over them and does not allow clicking). However, when saving, no changes are applied. 

I've done several tests and it simply doesn't work. 

Is there anything additional I should do?

• Hi Luisa!

Sorry to hear your navigation settings aren't saving in Rise 360!

I tested the behavior on my end, in Google Chrome, but was unable to replicate the issue. While previewing, and after publishing to Review 360, the restricted navigation settings worked as expected. Are you experiencing this issue across all supported browsers, or is it local to one? Does clearing the cache make any improvement?

Also, were you viewing the course through an LMS, or published to the Web, when you noticed this behavior?