Forum Discussion

BrianHannon-4a6
Community Member
3 months ago

File won't save

Hi

I have been using Storyline for years in the same manner.  I work from an external hard drive. In the last couple of weeks, EVERY TIME I go to save the project, I get the attached error:

It is not being used by another process.  It is the only file I am using.  I can't keep creating another version every time I save the project.

What is going on?

Thanks

Brian

• Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community, Brian! We're glad you're here. 😀

Sorry to hear about the error message when saving your Storyline project. We can start troubleshooting by clicking Save As in your Storyline course and saving it to a location on your local drive. From there, ensure you're working on your local drive while editing your course. Before working on it, you can copy the project file from your external hard drive to your local drive. Working on an external hard drive can cause erratic behavior.

If the problem still happens, try running these steps to fix installation issues. We'd be glad to investigate further if the issue persists. You may share your Storyline project here or privately in a support case, where our Support Engineers will work with you one-on-one. We'll delete it when we're done testing.