Forum Discussion

StewartHignett
Community Member
30 days ago

Fill in the Blanks Trigger Help

Hello, firstly thanks for everyone on here. I am only new to Storyline and this has been a great help.

I have created two fill in the blanks slides using a freeform question as I need them to be graded.

I followed a tutorial from on here about the triggers (which I now can't find again), however when I test them it always says I have got them correct, even when I don't put anything in the fields and just hit submit.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

• Hi, Joshua.

Thank you for reaching out!

Would you be willing to share your .story file so we can help you troubleshoot? I'm curious about the triggers you have set up. 

A text-entry freeform slide usually has built-in triggers, so you shouldn't have to manually create any of them. All you need to do is define the acceptable answers, the field you want to evaluate (the entry field the user will type in), and which button will submit the interaction. You can do that in Form View

The article below has additional information and steps:

Let me know if you have additional questions or if you have a scenario different from the one described here!

StewartHignett
      Community Member

Thank you but I finally worked it out. I had one of my triggers set backwards 🤦‍♂️
      Sent from my iPhone

EricSantos
        Staff

Happy to hear that, Joshua! Good job finding out what's causing the behavior and resolving it.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know here in the E-Learning Heroes Community or privately in a support case. We'll be happy to assist you.