Forum Discussion

JennieCrowther
Community Member
2 months ago

Full Screen Mode SL360 x64 v3.90.32850.0

Hi all,

I have inserted a video (MP4) from a file into a project, but the full screen button is not working in the published content. I am using the Modern Player, I have also enabled Full Screen in the Player. I have tried adding the file to the media library and inserting from there. Any clues? The help tells me:

When viewing a course in full-screen mode, the full-screen button for videos inserted from a file or website won’t work.

Learners must exit player full-screen mode to enter video full-screen mode (and vice versa).

I am not understanding what I am doing wrong - I know its a file but how else would you embed a video? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jennie

• Hello Jennie,

Thanks for reaching out! I appreciate you sharing the results of your research on this topic. You are correct. When viewing a course in full-screen mode, the video full-screen button won't work. The full-screen command only works on one item at a time.

We are gathering votes for a request to allow videos to go full-screen when the Player is in full-screen. In the meantime, you can ESC out of the Player full-screen so the video can be set to full-screen.

I've added your voice to the feature request and informed our product team of your comments. We'll let you know if there are any changes that might help.