Forum Discussion

FrancescoBerio-
Community Member
18 days ago

Help with Submit button

Good morning to the entire community. I have a problem with the submit button, or maybe (or probably) I'm making a mistake.

In the attached file, there are three numeric entries, and I would like the test to proceed either when the user clicks the submit button or presses the enter key after entering the value in the box. However, the slide only advances when the time I set through the two levels you'll see runs out.

Where am I going wrong?

I have added control variables that I will need later for the entire project.

Thank you in advance

runrunsteven
    Community Member

I think I understood what you were asking! See if this is what you were asking for. If they type the answer and hit enter, it auto advances. If they type the answer and hit submit, it auto advances.

FrancescoBerio-
      Community Member

Sorry for the late answer... vacation time... Thank you very much. That solved the issue. It was very helpful.

But now I have another question, and you might be able to help me. Do you think it's possible to have the numeric entry field to "auto focus" at the start of the timeline or at least when the "GO" text box fade out? (in order not to have the user to click on the numeric entry box to type the number)

CaryGlenn1
        Super Hero

Hi, 
        There are a couple of ways to do this. The easiest way is to have the text entry field and the bottom of the bottom of the timeline. You can either drag it to the bottom in the timeline or you can select the box and then select the arrange button in the ribbon and select "Send to Back". Another option is to have the text entry field on a separate layer and have it be the only thing on that layer. You need to add a trigger to show that layer when the timeline starts. 
        I hope that helps.

• Hi,  I think you need to add another trigger player triggers. Add the trigger "Jump to slide next slide When the user clicks submit." Make sure it comes after the Submit Numeric trigger. 

FrancescoBerio-
      Community Member

Thank you very much. It works, as also runrunsteven suggested. You might be able to help me with the other question I asked him. Take a look to my reply to him if you have one minute. Thank you and have a great day.