Forum Discussion

ChristopheDE009
Community Member
4 months ago

hide/show animated gif not working properly

when I click on the monkey or on the fire, the explosion animation should appear but it only works with the 1st click.

• Hi Christophe, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

After looking closely at your setup, I noticed that you are using the same GIF twice within your project. Since this GIF doesn't loop (repeat), once the learner clicks the first one, and it's active, the second time no longer displays (because the animation already finished). I've found a workaround to accomplish what you'd like to achieve. You will need to make sure to export the GIF from the original place you have authored it from twice. Another option is utilizing a different GIF to ensure that both are no longer an instance of the same file.

Attached, you'll find an updated SL File with the GIFs working as desired.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

LeeJiaLin
      Community Member

Hi Luciana, this is frankly quite an unacceptable response. The previous behaviour before whatever updates changed it, was that the GIF would replay from the start even if it was the same GIF. How can you break something that was behaving one way into another, and then tell us we have to change our courseware to suit it? I need the GIF to be able to start from the beginning as many times as needed, are you really telling me to make an infinite number of GIFs to do this? Your company has broken my entire courseware with the numerous bugs in your updates; first, this GIF thing, then the Resume saved states not working on layers above the base layer, and also drag and drop activities being completely broken. Fix your software before demanding your users to implement impossible workarounds!

• Something is not working properly. I duplicated and renamed my animation (explode1.gif, explode2.gif,...) but when I replace the gif that is on the stage or import "explode2.gif", Storyline still indicates that the file is is called "explode1.gif" when it should be called "explode2.gif"!!! As a result, the animation does not work.
    Why doesn't Storyline recover the file I imported but keeps the old one?

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello Christophe,

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. 

We are tracking a known bug in Storyline 360 that causes duplicated images to keep their original filename when imported. One workaround we've identified is to use photo editing software to modify the image file to slightly differ from the original version. I understand that this might not be easily applied to GIF files. 

I've added this ELH post to the bug report, and we'll let you know as soon as a fix is released!

LeeJiaLin
    Community Member

I have rolled back to the Feb 20 version (3.85.31840.0) and it works just fine. Please change the behaviour back, this is really unacceptable to break.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello Shing Woei Peh,

You seem to be running into several issues, and I'll be glad to check each. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!