Forum Discussion

MillaHallikas
Community Member
3 months ago

How to listen to recorded audio while capturing the screen?

So I have recorded my speech audio separately in Replay, and now I'd like to capture my screen while listening to the audio so I can time my actions during the screen capture correctly.

How to do this, when apparently:
1) You cannot capture your screen while playing audio from Replay?
2) You cannot save your Replay audio as an audio file to your computer to open it in another program to play?

I am a new Replay user and have faced many issues with the software on my first project in last 2 hours (Copy/paste feature missing, cursor not showing at the right place in captured video... more details on pre-existing discussions) that apparently have not been fixed during last 4-6 years they have been told being in product development, so I have no high hopes on issues to be resolved.

• Hello Milla,

I'm glad you reached out. We don't plan to fix current issues with Replay. We froze development for Replay 360, so we won't make any significant changes in the future. However, we'll continue to fix issues that stem from operating system upgrades and security vulnerabilities. 

I recommend using Storyline 360 instead for your screen recording needs. It is fully supported and is more flexible. Storyline 360 is included with your Articulate Teams subscription. Let me know if you encounter any problems along the way, and I'd be happy to help.

Also, I wanted to invite you to our tips and tricks webinars. Once each month at 11 am ET, our training team hops on a live call to answer top questions from our customers.

It's super casual (and they're super smart!), so it's a great place to get expert tips and answers to frequently asked questions from our online community. In short, everything you need to create incredible online learning. You can register for the next call here.

And don't worry if you can't make it—everyone who registers will receive a recording afterward. There's also a huge list of on-demand past trainings available.

Hope to see you there!