Forum Discussion

BedaTravnicek
Community Member
2 years ago

How to remove picture-in-picture icon?

Hi,

Client is using Microsoft Edge for LMS and there is a problem with one slide - there is a video (playing automatically) and after video completes, I have a rectangle on other layer with a trigger - user need to click on this rectangle to jump on the next slide. But probably Edge doesnt like another object (rectangle) over the video and shows here a picture-in-picture icon. Client doesnt like it. Is there any way to get rid of the icon?

Thanks! Zuzka

• Hi Zuzka!

I'd be happy to help you figure out what could be causing a picture-in-picture icon to appear on your course slide. I just had some clarifying questions first:

• Has your client tested the course via an alternative browser such as Chrome or Firefox?
    • Has the course been tested in SCORM cloud yet? It's an online LMS environment that can be used to figure out whether the issue is with the LMS or the .story file. If you test your course on SCORM cloud and get the same results while in Edge, please share your file here or with our support engineers privately in a support case.

Also, this resource provides some more helpful information for testing in SCORM cloud.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

BedaTravnicek
    Community Member

Hi Steven!

My client use LMS "SF Learning" and it works only od Edge. My client is a large company with thousands of employees and they have strict rules and regulations on everything :) so they cant use another browser.

Yes, I have tried to test this issue in SCORM cloud and I dont see the picture-in-picture icon here. Even when I publish it on "Review 360", I don't see the icon. I use Chrome.

Thank you very much for any advice!

Zuzka

• Hi Zuzka,

Thanks for your patience in testing out the course in SCORM Cloud and for sharing that the issue does not happen on that platform. Something must have changed with SF Learning LMS for the picture-in-picture icon to appear erratically.

I recommend contacting your LMS administrator for a possible adjustment on their end to resolve the problem. We're more than happy to assist further should you need help with additional testing; feel free to share your Storyline project with us privately in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done testing!

Submit a Support Case

KerrySaunders
    Community Member

We too have noticed the picture-in-picture icon and would like to know how to remove it. It shows in Review 360 as well. We use Edge and SF LMS. This could cause issues with our users and would like the option to remove it. Thank you. 

Jürgen_Schoene_
      Community Member

you could ask your administrator to deactivate this feature with a group policy for all user in your company network

• this edge exclusive feature can only be turned off via user settings

for videos without visible video controls, you can place a 99% transparent rectangle over the video

(the play/pause function on click on the video could be reactivated with a variable and some trigger)

• Easiest workaround for me, and so the user does not click on the video to pause/play but uses the storyline controls instead is to put a transparent shape over the video.

• I have the same issue, I see a PIP icon while my videos are playing. I dont know how to turn this off or not to to display. It only shows if you hover over the video. Any help would be appreciated. 

• Can anyone help me with this feature? Firefox users have to disable this feature locally but scorm are public. I tried using javascript but it doesn't work. Could someone suggests me how to resolve ?