Forum Discussion

MarionaMasferre
Community Member
3 days ago

Hyperlink not working after changing object from hidden to normal state

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering an issue with a text box that contains a hyperlink. The text box is initially hidden and is set to become visible (state change to "Normal") when the user clicks another object. However, once the text box is visible, the hyperlink inside it doesn’t work or respond to clicks.

Here’s a quick breakdown of the setup:

1. The text box is set to "Hidden" by default.
  2. A trigger changes its state to "Normal" after the user interacts with another object.
  3. The text box contains a hyperlink that should be clickable when visible.

Despite the text box becoming visible as expected, the hyperlink inside it is unresponsive. I’ve already checked the following:

• The trigger that changes the state of the text box works as intended.
  • The hyperlink is correctly formatted and leads to the right URL.
  • I’ve edited the state to ensure the text box with the hyperlink is brought to the front to avoid any potential layering issues.
  • I’ve tested it in both Preview mode and after publishing, and the issue persists.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any suggestions on how to resolve this or additional steps I could try would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help!

• Hi Mariona,

Sorry to hear that you're hitting this snag with the hyperlink. Thank you for sharing a detailed description of your experience!

I'd like to know what method you used to create the hyperlink. There are two ways to add this in a text:

1. Adding an Open/URL file trigger to the textbox.
    2. Right-clicking the highlighted text inside the textbox and clicking the Hyperlink option, as shown below.

There is a known bug linked to the first method where the hyperlink does not work. If you are using the second one and still seeing the issue, would you be willing to share your Storyline file with us so we can look at what you have set up? You may also share it privately by sending it along in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done.