Forum Discussion

MaryMcCrimmon-4
Community Member
4 years ago

Import translated text successful, but the course is still in English

Hi!

I've gone through all the steps to translate the course, and even get an "import successful" message when I import the translated .xlf file. How do I know if it worked? When I publish and share the link for the course, it's still in English. I can't find a button to "switch" it to Spanish (if that's what's supposed to happen?). Will it be in Spanish once I export it and add it to our website, even though it still displays English on my end? Also, I'm not sure if this is important, but when I navigate away from the settings page and then return, I still get the "Import Translated Text" button below Step 3: Import translated text... I'm not sure if that's supposed to go away after I've already imported the translated file?

Any help would be appreciated! 

Thank you!

• Hi Mary, sorry to hear that you are having problems with translating your course. Once you upload the XLIFF file, the new language should appear. We would love to take a look at your XLIFF file; you can send it here. Our support engineers are ready to help.  

RebeccaToomey
    Community Member

Hi Chino, I'm having the exact same problem - was this issue resolved in the end? Thanks in advance.

• Hi Rebecca,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community!

I'm so sorry you've run into this issue but I'm happy to help troubleshoot. I don't see a support case that was opened for Mary, but we'd be happy to take a look at what's going on with your project! You can open a case with our talented Support Engineers here, and attach your XLIFF file so we can investigate further.