Forum Discussion

WendyMoon-92bf2
Community Member
4 years ago

Inserting PDF Editable Fields into a Rise 360 course

I am making a course in Rise and I have been asked to insert editable PDF fields into the course so learners can take notes in the course while they do the webinar.

PaulMoody
      Community Member

Does this allow the learner fill in the fields directly on the rise page?

KrisTaylor-a3c1
      Community Member

Hi Alyssa, I am trying to do this right now, I have tried to upload to google drive, and pasting the link, either the straight link or as an iframe and it's not working, any ideas?

• Hi Paul! If the PDF is embedded in your lesson using a multimedia embed block, then the learner can fill in the fields directly on the Rise lesson page. 

JakeHenderson
    Community Member

This doesnt work on mobile devices, any help would be appreciated here

hazelB
      Staff

Hi Jake!

How does your embedded fillable PDF behave when viewed on a mobile device?

JakeHenderson
        Community Member

the pdf is zoomed in and there are NO controls to zoom out or go to the next page, you can see in the screenshot that there is scrollbars on bottom and left. also the form is no longer fillable. any help here would be very appreciated.

• Hi Kris! If it's possible, can you share the link/iframe code you're using? We'd be happy to help troubleshoot it for you.  

• Hi all. I created the fillable Acrobat PDF form and uploaded it to a Google Drive as you all indicated to do above. However, when I embed it into the Rise course, you can scroll and Zoom into it but you can't click to open it and fill out the form. Am I missing something>

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Nina,

Happy to look into this for you!

Have you tried testing your Rise 360 course using different browsers to see if the behavior is the same across all of them? Inserting a fillable PDF form in Rise should be possible by using Multimedia > Embed, and then adding the direct link to the PDF file in your Google Drive.

If this is already the setup that you're using, have you tried inserting the PDF using an iframe to see if this makes a difference? Here's a sample code that you can use for your embed block: 

<iframe src="<GOOGLE DRIVE LINK TO PDF HERE>" height=900 width=800></iframe>

Let me know if using an iframe works for you!

AlysonEaglen-a0
        Community Member

I just attempted to use this code you shared and it didn't work for me.  Any other suggestions?