Forum Discussion

JonnyKowal-fb0e
Community Member
3 years ago

Inserting saved blocks

Is anyone else having this issue?

You save a block because you want to move it elsewhere, but when you go to insert it it just keeps loading (with the wheel turning) and doesn't ever insert. You click on the 'cancel' button so you can try again but that button doesn't work either. You leave the site and come back later but it's still there!

So far, the only solution I've found is to duplicate the ENTIRE course and try again. That's a faff and sometimes the block still shows as trying to insert. Duplicating the page and hoping it doesn't carry the loading block over doesn't work either.

Can someone please help?

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Jonny,

It's best to reply directly on the forums.

When you reply via email, your personal contact information is included and made public.

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi Jonny,

I'm really sorry that happened! We've found 2 possible causes for this behavior, and we're investigating more:

• Inserting multiple templates quickly in succession
      • Double-clicking to insert a single template (use a single click instead)

These behaviors don't cover every scenario where the template gets stuck, but we'll update you when we have a fix in place.

• One additional note:

We've fixed the Cancel button so that it does remove the broken block!

• Hi everyone! I'm happy to let you know we fixed the issue where inserting a block template would occasionally get stuck in a loading state. 

Please let us know if you run into this again!