Forum Discussion

BerndKuhn
Community Member
4 months ago

Is there any way to jump to a cue point on another slide?

Hallo, I have cue points on the timeline of a video and would like to jump to them directly from another slide and let the video run from there.

I hope that was understandable, my English is not that great.

• It seems jumping to a point on the timeline does not skip the video ahead. You could try a couple of things.

1) You can use some JavaScript to jump into the video currently displayed. See the attached example. Set a cuePoint variable, jump to the video slide, execute the JavaScript on Timeline Start. The video will jump to the specified starting point (you could change this to set the starting time in seconds in the variable). You should remove the event handler when you are done with the video slide.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/dd52ad07-f838-4f67-a3a3-515eaac145bd/review

2) Without that, I might break the video into discrete segments that each start on a cue point. Align them to play sequentially on the timeline. To jump to a specific cue point from another slide, create a variable to represent the different cue points (for example, 1, 2, 3, etc.). Immediately before jumping to the video slide, set the desired cue point in the variable. Jump to the video slide. On the video slide add triggers using On Timeline Start, or whatever would be appropriate, to jump to the desired cue point(s), using your setting in the cue point variable as the check in the If statement. This way, you can specify where to position the timeline before you jump to the video.