Forum Discussion

RajendraKorde
Community Member
2 years ago

issue in resume functionality

Hi there,

we are facing the resume functionality in one of the course. To confirm we have created a sample course with dummy 5 screens. Now we tested the course in scorm cloud with below steps.

Step1:we completed viewing all 5 screens and closed the course and can see completion status.

Step2:Now re launched the course and clicks restart button and viewed 2-3 screens and closed the course.

Step3: now again i relaunch and click resume it takes me to last page of the course.

is this the behavior of storyline?

• Hello Rajendra!

Thanks for sharing what you've created so far! Just to clarify, let's say that you meet the completion requirement during the first view. The course picks up from the beginning when relaunching a second time. The issue is that when relaunching the course for the third time, it takes you to the last page of the course. If you've finished the course, relaunching for the following times should take you to the last page viewed, which would likely be the final slide if the course is completed.

All that to say, the resume feature in an LMS might not work if you've already met the completion requirement. Most LMSs consider a course to be in review mode after the tracking requirement has been met.

In review mode, resume data is no longer sent to the LMS, which prevents learners from accidentally changing their course status from Complete back to Incomplete.

If you think it might be specific to your LMS, I recommend testing your course in SCORM cloud to see if the behavior is consistent. 

Lastly, if you want to share your .story file for testing, you can attach it to this discussion or upload it privately in a support case. We're happy to take a look!