Forum Discussion

iainanderson
Community Member
2 months ago

Issue with hidden base layer objects showing on other layers

A slide with two images on the right (see image 1) expecting to see them hidden as they are selected as hidden on layer called correct (see image 2) showing only the  graphic shown but running the preview they are all showing?  Any ideas what I am doing wrong? 

• Hello Iain,

Happy to help! Thanks for sharing the screenshots.

I find it strange that image_3 shows the two images when they are hidden, as shown in image_2. Can you check the Feedback Master of your project and see whether the two images are there?

If they're not, I'd be happy to dig deeper into this issue with you. Would you be willing to share your Storyline file with us so we can look at what you have set up? You may also share it privately by sending it along in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done testing.

iainanderson
    Community Member

Hi Eric,

Please find the slide given here.Base layer hs two images shown picture 1 and picture 2 .  But on the feedback layers I have hidden both images for correct and incorrect.expecting them not to display. I can use a simple wokraround by putting a rectangle in front to hide but would rather know why.

• Hello Iain,

I reviewed your file, and it seems you also show other layers on top of your feedback layers. The objects come from your other layers like "toCorrect" and "breadcrumb." Make sure to also hide the two base layer objects from all the other layers.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.

iainanderson
      Community Member

Hi John

I am still trying to get my head around it. Breadcrumb has no layers on it and is a navigation feature on the main slide.  But I note that it is set up on the feedback masters.  I inherted this  slide template from a client to work with. If I delete the slides show as expected but it is required by the client.