Forum Discussion

sayali-sathe1
Community Member
4 years ago

Japanese localisation output size increases considerably than the other languages output

We have created a course in 11 languages using storyline. One in English, and the rest are localization of the same English file. English output file size is 120mb.

Out of which, when we publish Japanese source file, the output file size increases considerably (i.e. 135 mb). All the other output files are of same size as english output. i.e. 120 mb.

Can someone please help.

Regards,

Sayali S. 

KevinMcGlone
    Community Member

Vielen Dank Jürgen!

Interesting to hear you have an extract script and see the output and your analysis, very nice!.

I suspected it was something Storyline was doing.

I will log a case and point them to this forum.
    Thanks again.

KaiDean
    Community Member

I am having this same problem but my published file set is coming out at 269mb in Japanese compared to the English which is 4mb. My client is not happy as this effects Japanese, Korean and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)

• the storyline otf to woff converter has a strange bug

example
     - NotoSansJP-Regular.otf (4.442 MB) - full char set (windows 11)
     - NotoSansJP-Regular.woff (3.37 MB) - full char set (found on github)
     - NotoSansJP.woff created by storyline 14 MB converted to base64 ( x 1.33) = 18.6 MByte !!!!

YuYingLin
    Community Member

Hello! We are facing the same problem with Noto sans cjk font.

May I ask if there a font recommended for Japanese? it cause so much time to load and we think we should change the font in the file...

Many thanks.

• Hi Yu Ying Lin,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you've hit this snag!

I've seen that using MS Gothic font can make the file size smaller. If you're comfortable sharing your file, I'd be happy to do some further testing on my end! You can upload it here or share it privately in a support case. We'll delete it as soon as troubleshooting is complete.