Forum Discussion

DorothyMiller
Community Member
2 years ago

Jaws and Quiz Review Button

Hi

I'm updating e-learning to be accessible with Jaws and have two queries:

1. When the Quiz Review button is selected, Jaws isn't reading out the correct/incorrect answers for result ticks sitting outside of the selection boxes.

2. The correct/incorrect banner at the bottom appears as a button to Jaws and disappears when pressed.

Thanks.

Dorothy

DorothyMiller
    Community Member

Hi Marie

I have raised a feature request for this development which is currently open.  However, I have been in regular contact with Articulate Support to create a workaround until the feature request has been completed.  I've just finished testing the workaround last week and it works well - it uses variables and layers to pick up the answers and report on.

I've made some notes on how I did this which I will upload here this week.

MarieSeitz
      Community Member

Thank you!! I look forward to seeing your workaround!

MarieSeitz
      Community Member

Hi there! I am curious if a workaround was successful that you are able to share when time permits? Thank you!

• Hi Dorothy,

Thanks for reaching out! It would be really helpful to see a video of how items 1 and 2 happen on your end. Would you be willing to record your screen, so we'll know we're on the same page? 

You can use any tool you like or try one of the Articulate apps in this article. Then reply with the link to the video if it's online, or upload the video file to this discussion.

DorothyMiller
    Community Member

Thanks Eric.  I will be able to do this when my colleague who uses Jaws is back next week.

DorothyMiller
    Community Member

Hi Eric

Could I have a separate email to send the recording to you please?

Thanks.

Dorothy

• Hi Dorothy!

I've created a support case on your behalf so you can share the recording privately. If you have any questions about this, please let me know! Otherwise, we will continue the conversation in your support case.

MarieSeitz
    Community Member

Hi, I found this thread when running into the same 2 problems. Was a solution identified?

Review Results button functionality in JAWS has a few issues in my experience: It doesn't read the question options, doesn't indicate what user selected and if correct or not (vs what you see on screen, and the visual indicator on bottom becomes a button.

• Hi, Marie!

Dorothy might not be subscribed to this discussion, but you're welcome to contact them directly through their profile by clicking on their name and selecting Contact Me.

• Hi Marie

My apologies for my delay and yes, I will send through some steps to you  The e-learning went live with the accessible drag and drop and I've not heard anything to the contrary. Thank you for following up with me.

Dorothy