Forum Discussion

JeroenVerhoeckx
Community Member
4 months ago

Keep name of project when publishing locally

Hello Storyline developers,

Despite the fact that the name of my project is 'E-learning RSW', Articulate Storyline keeps naming my project 'Move text up and down', when I try to publish it locally. In the attached screenshot you can see what I do. Even when I change the text "Move text up and down' to 'E-learning RSW' in the field 'Create a new item', Articulate Storyline keeps naming the project "Move text up and down'.

Does somebody know how I can keep the name of the project?

And related: when I click on 'Report a Bug', I'm not forwarded to web page to report a bug, but to a Google Docs form for feature requests for the 64-bit version of Storyline? So even reporting a bug is not possible.

And oh, publishing the project to Review 360 always fails when I'm at home (and most times also when I'm at work). Already reported that, but the team behind AS couldn't find a cause.

Verhoeckx

• Hello Jeroen!

Thank you for reaching out! I see that you've run into a number of snags and I hope I can help troubleshoot!

First, are you choosing to Save As when saving the project? If that doesn't do the trick, you could also import your project into a new project and save it under a new file name.

Regarding the form attached to the Report a Bug button, we have removed that button and link in our most recent version of Storyline 360 that shipped on Tuesday. In the future, we suggest reporting a bug by submitting a support case. 

Lastly, are all of your projects failing to publish to Review 360? If it is just one, could you share the .story file?

• Hello Lauren,

I manually created a new project in Review 360 and now I can choose that name, when I choose 'Publish a new version of an existing item'. So it works now!

I see indeed that Articulate removed the 'Report a Bug' button!  Good: less confusion!

I have a 'Publish diary' (see attachment) in which I track if the publishing went well or not. I have been lucky: the last three times the publishing and uploading went well! Also strange, because why does it work now and not the four times before that?

Thanks for thinking a long!