Forum Discussion

MarenUtz
Community Member
6 months ago

Knowledge Check in Lessons

Can the knowledge check in lessons also be set so that the answer is dependent on the continuation of the training (For example at quiz: Require Passing Score To Continue)?

JaySlay
    Community Member

Thanks Judy. I'll give that a try. 🙂

I'm assume something similar would be done using a quiz inserted into SL as a Web Object and then published to Review to include in a Rise project as an SL Interactive widget? I tried this but was unable to keep the Continue Button from 'triggering' much like the SL quiz I mentioned above. However, in the case of the Web Object Quiz, the Continue Button seemed to think the previous Block (Quiz) was completed before I even started the quiz in Rise. So Pass/Fail outcome never had a chance to determine 'completeness'.😞

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

As I understand it, web objects aren't trackable in Storyline or Rise. 

JaySlay
    Community Member

Hi Judy, I created a quiz in Storyline with 1 Multi Response question and a results slide. This seems to work fine when published in SL (grading, pass and fail).

I inserted this into Rise using an Interactive SL block, and added a Continue divider in Rise right after this that I was hoping would prevent the learner from seeing the continue button unless they completed the previous block (i.e. PASSed the SL QUiz). However, even when I fail the SL quiz, the continue button changes from its hint to CONTINUE. Any ideas? Thanks for your other helpful posts.

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

Here's what I do to ensure the learner has to pass the quiz in an SL block (and not just take it): 

• On the Results slide, put a "Complete course" trigger on the Success layer that runs when the timeline of the layer starts. 
      • When you publish the SL project to Review, only track via the completion trigger (not via the quiz).
  • The Knowledge Check blocks in a Lesson don't require correct answers. The user simply has to answer them.

To require someone to pass an assessment within a Lesson, you'd need to put it into a Storyline block.