Forum Discussion

MichaelNilss577
Community Member
4 years ago

Knowledge check problem

My client wants to force the students to answer a multiple choice/multiple response question correctly at the end of every lesson with a knowledge check. He wants them to be able to continue to the next lesson ONLY after the correct answer has been given.

I haven't been able to figure out how to set this parameter. If I insert a Divider "Continue" button directly after the knowledge check, I can only set it so that the knowledge check has to be answered, but even if the answer is incorrect, the students are automatically allowed to continue. This way they can just click randomly without thinking.

Do I really have to insert a quiz with only one question between every lesson in order to get this functionality? My client thinks that sounds clunky and I agree. How would you go about this, is there some other way?

DanielWurm
    Community Member

How are students supposed to know that a multiple response question requires more than one answer, or even how many answers they need to select? When I tested the question when reviewing it it did not state how many correct answers there were. This is a really basic feature of most course authorship tools. Have I missed something?

LeaSAgato
      Staff

Hi Daniel,

It sounds like you want to let your students know how many answers they need to select in a multiple response question.  While there isn't an option in Rise to set the number of correct answers in multiple response questions, you can let your students know how many answers they need to select by adding it as part of the question text. Let me know if this helps or if you need anything clarified.

BethDokolasa
    Community Member

Bump for an option to require KC to be correct before the continue button becomes active.

• Is there any way you can get people to answer a multiple choice/multiple response question correctly at the end of every lesson with a knowledge check just on rise 360 without storyline?

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Colleen, 

There isn't a way to enforce a correct answer for Knowledge Check blocks, but this is a request that we are actively tracking. I've added your voice to the request and we'll leave a message here as soon as it makes it to our product roadmap!

CammyShockey
    Community Member

I have a solution that might be helpful for some in this discussion. You can use an Interactive Sorting Activity block (which is a self-correcting activity in which the user HAS to get the right answer to move on), combined with a Continue block that requires completion of the content above, so learners can't skip the sorting activity. 

I put together a quick sample course to show how this works:  https://360.articulate.com/review/content/25d9e4f1-8125-49d1-908f-8a2b185b95bf/review

hope this is helpful!

• The solution to use a sorting activity block won't work for my current project but thank you for providing the option as it may be helpful with other projects later. I'm adding my vote to request a continue button that will activate only when a learner completes a knowledge check block with the correct answer.

DanielWurm
    Community Member

Whats the point of having a knowledge check at all if the student can continue without getting the answer right? This has got to be fixed!

BethSchreffler
      Community Member

Allowing an incorrect answer, then providing it in feedback prevents learners from getting stuck on a slide and being unable to complete a course. However, I want a learner to be stuck if the knowledge check is used as an acknowledgment that they read policies and agree to adhere to them. If they don't check all boxes to acknowledge their agreement, they should not be able to move forward and get credit for completing the course.

DanielWurm
        Community Member

Yes, I totally agree! That's what I want too. Let's see if the Articulate dev team finally listen to what their customers are asking for.

• The problem with the Checkbox List is that a learner can uncheck a box before all boxes have been checked. The list will then show the box unchecked and still activate the continue button.