Forum Discussion

AshleyClick-3aa
Community Member
3 months ago

Knowledge Check: scoring for 9 questions

Greetings:

I have a couple of questions re scoring for a quiz that only has 9 questions. I set each of the questions value to equal 11 pts. When I missed 2 questions: #2 and #3 of the attached Storyline, the score result was 77.5%, - but 7/9 is actually 77.78% ...I don't know how the score of 77.5% was determined.

Also, since this is an inherited project, is there a way I can easily change the style of the quiz so that the actual answers show at the end when learner achieves 100%? Is this good practice to show the answers even if they are correct?

Thank you so much for your time!

Ashley

• One of the questions is only worth 10 points instead of 11.

I'm assuming this is what's causing the minor math issue in the score. I didn't bother to verify that.

I'm not sure what you mean by wanting to make "the actual answers show at the end when learner achieves 100%." If you just want to provide an overview like the custom Review layer on the Results slide, you could allow the user to access that layer from the Success layer. But why bother? If they need 100% to pass, they already know they answered all of the questions correctly. 

• I am checking for so many issues every time I edit. I am embarrassed that this one got by me (the 10 points vs. 11 points)!

One more question: when Storyline files are imported, is it typical that the triggers show up altered in the new version (even if all of the layers  are locked while being imported?)

Thanks so much, Judy!

Ashley

JudyNollet
      Super Hero
      One more question: when Storyline files are imported, is it typical that the triggers show up altered in the new version (even if all of the layers  are locked while being imported?)

It wouldn't surprise me that some triggers might be impacted by being imported into another course (for example, if a trigger jumps to a specific slide).

However, I rarely import slides, so I can't say what's "typical" or not.

It certainly makes sense to double-check functionality after importing.

• Thanks! I always do check but I miss sometimes - esp if in a rush. Having said this, it sure seems like a problem that shouldn't exist if all of the objects are locked. Is this unreasonable to expect?

GingerSwart
      Staff

Hi Ashley, I'm unaware of any issues that would cause triggers to be altered on import. I'd recommend talking with support about that. You can open a case by going here