Forum Discussion

BenjaminGoodhea
Community Member
3 years ago

Layer not showing after "state of" trigger

I've got a drag-and-drop slide with nine boxes, each with a normal and a drop correct state. I've set the slide up to show a layer when the state of all nine boxes is drop correct, but it doesn't work (well, it worked a couple times, but no more).

I've tried changing the trigger to show the layer when the state of all boxes is not normal, just to check and see if I was missing something the other way around.

I should point out that sometimes, things work as intended. I published the whole course to Review 360 and tested it. No layer on the first time through, and no way to force it to show. Second time through, voila!, there's the missing layer. Third time - and every other time after - no layer again.

Same result across multiple computers and platforms.

I've also tried changing layer settings, but have yet to sort the issue out. I've attached the offending slide in a file here. Thanks in advance.

• I haven't had time to look at this, but I think this is a current known problem that Articulate is tracking.

In the mean time, I would write my triggers (one for each dropped item) to Show layer when Item is Dropped, if the other eight drop items are in Drop Correct state.

• It is working as expected, however your right and left correct mark layers are set to hide other layers and they are closing the non-graded feedback layer., as the layers are set to hide on their timeline end set them all to not hide other layers.

BenjaminGoodhea
      Community Member

Thanks Phil, I'll go back and give it a go. As a temporary workaround, I just made an extra slide from the non-graded layer. Not ideal, though.

So, it sounds like if I change the L/R correct mark layers to uncheck the hide other layers, I should be sorted.

Disregard - got it working. Thanks!