Forum Discussion

BedirhanVarol
Community Member
3 years ago

Layer(Need Help)

Hello everyone ,

I am new on Storyline and i need to help about layers. I want that user cant pass the slide before clicks every object. And i putted the buttons but it appears white circle when the mouse reach there. I tried to do something, put the attachment. But it is very amateur. So i need your perfect help. Thank you. 

JHauglie
    Community Member

The most direct way to prevent the learner from clicking on the Next button (and passing the slide) is to disable the Next button until everything on the slide has been clicked/selected/viewed.

To disable the Next button, add a trigger that is configured to "Change the state of the Next button to disabled when the timeline on this slide starts." Then add a second trigger that is configured to "Change the state of the Next button to normal when..." And then add the condition at which you want the learner to be able to advance.

• Hello, Bedirhan.

Thank you for sharing your .story file!

The white shape that appears when the mouse hovers over the object is controlled by the built-in Hover state:

Windows 10 (1) 2022-04-07 at 9.31.27 AM

If you click Edit States, you'll be able to change what the hover shape looks like.

You can also use the Built-in states, in this case, Visited, to control when the Next button is enabled:

Windows 10 (1) 2022-04-07 at 9.33.30 AM

Let me know if this works!