Forum Discussion

RyanCook
Community Member
4 years ago

Length of course count down.

Why do we not have the option to show the length of a course and have the clock count down as the user moves further through the course.  It would look nice to have at the end of the timeline.  

Please consider this as a feature update! 

• Ryan,

Have you looked into using the built-in variable Project.Progress? It reports the learner's percentage of the way through the slides. I know it's not quite the same as counting the sum of the lengths of the timelines, but people spend differing amounts of time on each slide for the most part.

RyanCook
      Community Member

I have not David... I would like to know more if you have a link.  This specific feature is more for our video based learning courses. 

• The Project.Progress breaks the course into divided values; so a 5 slide course would be 5 values, starting with 20% and ending with 100%. You could use that value to update a countdown clock or progress bar using states or a dial for progress. As David said, it would be useful as an overall progress meter and not as a slide timer due to the time-on-slide per learner issue.