Forum Discussion

ImadAlBarwani
Community Member
4 months ago

LMS is not capturing retake Quiz result

We are using Oracle Learning Fusion (LMS) and we have noticed that it only captures the passing mark and exits the course. But we are facing issues with failing scenarios upon clicking on retake assessment button as follows:

1. SCORM file 2004 with Completed/Incomplete or Passed/incomplete Configuration: The course will take me back the quiz again, but it doesn't capture the failing score.
  2. SCORM file 2004 with Passed/Failed or Completed/Failed configuration: The course will start from the beginning (Scene 1) and store the failing score.

We want to configure the SCORM file in a way that upon clicking on retake assessment button, the course is supposed to go back to the assessment and store the score and number of attempts.

Doesn't anyone use Oracle Learning Fusion (LMS) and were able to capture failing score and number of attempts on clicking on the retake assessment with the condition that the course will take you back the quiz?

Note: we have tried to configure LMS but it didn't work

• Hello Imad!

I'm happy to help! It sounds like you'd like the LMS to capture the failing score and return to the assessment. Are you publishing for SCORM 2004 4th edition? If not, I'd recommend that as a start. Second, I'd encourage you to test your course in SCORM cloud to see if the behavior is the same with the reporting.

Lastly, if you are only seeing this behavior with your LMS, it might be worth reaching out to your LMS administrator or support team to see what they recommend.

• Hi Lauren,

I found something from Oracle learning cloud. They suggested the following in order to resume the course after completion or when the leaner reach the Result page. but unfortunately I am not sure how to implement this. Any idea how to?

Configure the SCORM content to allow the course to bookmark the last visited topic or section, define each topic or section of the SCORM course in the imsmanifest.xml file using the suspend_data or lesson_location data elements.