Forum Discussion

RandyYang-c8383
Community Member
5 years ago

Make the Answer "Not Show" in Rise's "Fill in the Blank" Knowledge Checks

Hi All,

I'm trying to make the following answer key to "not appear" when the user inputs a wrong answer to my Fill in the Blank Knowledge Check.

Currently, a learner answers this math problem wrong ONCE--and Rise immediately feeds the learner the answer, as you can see from the image above. 

However, I am hoping that the learner will try it 1~2 more times, and right now, one can simply plug in the provided answer key to move on without further effort.

Does Rise have an option to toggle that answer key off? 

• Note 1: this is exclusively for Knowledge Check, not for the Quiz function in Rise.
  • Note 2: The use of storyline is not allowed in this situation.
  • Hi there! Good news! Now you can make quizzes more challenging. Show learners feedback without revealing correct answers! Find out how in this article. Enjoy!

• Hi there!

We're looking at how we can improve feedback in knowledge check questions. Currently, revealing all correct answers and giving feedback happen at the same time.

We'll update this discussion with any changes!

• Hi Iqbal! No updates yet, but we are tracking requests for this feature.  Thanks for checking in!

• Hi there! Good news! Now you can make quizzes more challenging. Show learners feedback without revealing correct answers! Find out how in this article. Enjoy!

hazelB
      Staff

Hi P Academy! You are correct, this is only available for the Quiz block.

• When using the 'fill in the blank' knowledge check, is it possible to allow the system to accept any answer??

Example: Based on what was learned, we would like the learner to type in a sentence or more. The lead trainer would review the learners answers and discuss the answers one on one.

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hello! I'm following up on your question: 

There isn't a way to allow for a free text entry using the fill-in-the-blank question type. The best way to gather a few thoughts from your learners is to embed a survey or form into your course using a 3rd party tool, like GetFeedback or Google Forms.