Forum Discussion

Cihanelik
Community Member
6 months ago

Media Doesn't Pause When the Window is Switched or Minimized

When I publish (SCORM 2004) a project in Storyline 360 for our LMS most of the time media pauses when the user is in another tab or window, but sometimes does not. Even we use the identical settings.  What would be the reason for this issue. Is there any specific setting to adjust "switching" or "minimize" window? 

• Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.87.32265.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• Video content continued to play after switching to another browser tab or minimizing the window.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions on Update 87, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

Cihanelik
    Community Member

No I'm not using background audio. I use partitial videos (small video parts). They have their own audio. 

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello Cihan!

We do have this behavior logged as bug and it is currently being worked on. We will update you when we ship the fix. I'm sorry for the trouble this is causing!

• Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.87.32265.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• Video content continued to play after switching to another browser tab or minimizing the window.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions on Update 87, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day!