Forum Discussion

paulahill
Community Member
8 years ago

Mental Health Awareness

Hi, has anyone developed a course on mental health without making it too dark or depressing.

• Hi Paula, I developed a course called "How to Talk to Your Child about Anxiety." It is a free course put out by ROCK - Reach Out Centre for Kids". You can find it here: https://rockonlearn.ca/all-courses/  It may not be what you are looking for but it certainly not depressing. :-)

IlannaMandel
    Community Member

Hi;

Yes, I have. I have designed over 200 courses on the subject of mental health. Feel free to be in touch. I'm happy to help. 

Ilanna 

BryanMcCrae
      Community Member

Hi Ilanna, I'm interested in anything to do with positive psychology and cognitive behavoural psychology.... do you have anything in those areas?

paulahill
    Community Member

Hi Ilanna

thank you for your response. Are you able to give me some examples so i can build it myself?

Paula

IlannaMandel
    Community Member

Hi Paula;

Sure I can. Is it a general course, or does it focus on a specific aspect of MHA?

Ilanna

MichaelWatt
        Community Member

Hi Paula,

Are you able to share some examples of your general mental health course? 

Many thanks

Michael

• Hard to advise without knowing more about your intentions for the course, but one way to avoid "too depressing" territory is to not limit the course to psychological problems ("abnormal psychology") but to also include the research around happiness ("positive psychology"). Both are aspects of mental health, so don't leave out the positive.

Cheers!

-Ray

• Is this request still current?

I have one in Storyline 2.  Quite basic, and you'd have to rebrand and edit local links etc.

bickinglim
    Community Member

hi yes we run a whole program on mental health awareness you can check out here

Mrfaaan112222
    Community Member

Yes, there are many courses on mental health that are designed to be informative and supportive without being too dark or depressing. Here are some examples:

1. Mental Health First Aid: This is an evidence-based program that provides training to help individuals identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. The course is designed to be practical, informative, and interactive, and focuses on providing support and guidance to individuals in crisis.

2. The Science of Well-Being: This is a popular online course offered by Yale University that teaches individuals how to increase their happiness and well-being. The course covers a range of topics, including gratitude, mindfulness, and social connections, and is designed to be engaging and fun.

3. Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP): This is a self-management program that helps individuals develop a personalized plan for managing their mental health. The program focuses on wellness, recovery, and resilience, and is designed to be empowering and supportive.

4. Mental Health Awareness: This is a course that provides an introduction to mental health, including common mental health conditions, signs and symptoms, and treatment options. The course is designed to be informative and supportive, and to help reduce stigma around mental health issues.

5. Positive Psychology: This is a field of psychology that focuses on promoting well-being and happiness. There are many courses available that cover topics such as resilience, optimism, and self-compassion, and are designed to be uplifting and inspiring.

When looking for a mental health course, it's important to read the course description and reviews carefully to ensure that it aligns with your needs and interests. It's also a good idea to check with a mental health professional or your healthcare provider to determine if the course is appropriate for you.

BrynnWaler
      Community Member
      Mrfaaan11 2222

Yes, there are many courses on mental health that are designed to be informative and supportive without being too dark or depressing. Here are some examples:

1. Mental Health First Aid: This is an evidence-based program that provides training to help individuals identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. The course is designed to be practical, informative, and interactive, and focuses on providing support and guidance to individuals in crisis.

2. The Science of Well-Being: This is a popular online course offered by Yale University that teaches individuals how to increase their happiness and well-being. The course covers a range of topics, including gratitude, mindfulness, and social connections, and is designed to be engaging and fun.

3. Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP): This is a self-management program that helps individuals develop a personalized plan for managing their mental health. The program focuses on wellness, recovery, and resilience, and is designed to be empowering and supportive.

4. Mental Health Awareness: This is a course that provides an introduction to mental health, including common mental health conditions and chiropractor, signs and symptoms, and treatment options. The course is designed to be informative and supportive, and to help reduce stigma around mental health issues.

5. Positive Psychology: This is a field of psychology that focuses on promoting well-being and happiness. There are many courses available that cover topics such as resilience, optimism, and self-compassion, and are designed to be uplifting and inspiring.

When looking for a mental health course, it's important to read the course description and reviews carefully to ensure that it aligns with your needs and interests. It's also a good idea to check with a mental health professional or your healthcare provider to determine if the course is appropriate for you.

But you didn't mention chiropractor doctor who care about physical health too along mental health.