Forum Discussion

Tim_
Community Member
8 months ago

Microlearning - hide cover page when publishing to WEB

When publishing a microlearning to LMS, you are given some options, such as hiding the cover page.

When publishing to the WEB, no such options page is displayed and the object is immediately downloaded:

Is there a way to turn off the cover page for WEB based microlearning modules?

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Tim,

No, when publishing in Rise there is no way to turn off the cover page for WEB based microlearning modules.

Tim_
    Community Member

This seems strange. It’s allowed when publishing one type but not another? Is this just because the developers forgot that some people use the web option, or can you think of a good reason why it makes sense not to have options when publishing to the web? 

KarlMuller
      Community Member

The fact you can turn it off for LMS but not for web is strange. 

• Hi Tim!

Glad to see Karl has been helping you out!

I'm happy to share we are tracking a feature request to give authors the ability to toggle the cover page on and off when publishing from Rise 360 to the Web. I've linked this discussion to the feature report and will provide updates if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

JasonWhitley
    Community Member

Turning off the cover page would be a good feature since we can replicate the same behavior with more options by using blocks. 

For instance, we're planning to color-code different learning pathways, and we can't do that with the cover page, but we could do it with blocks. 

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Jason!

Thanks for the feedback on the type of functionality you'd like to see in Rise 360!

I've included you in the feature report and will share updates if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap. Have a great start to your week!