Forum Discussion

BobODonnell
Community Member
7 years ago

Multi-line Hyperlinks highlight separately

Hi, Has there been any movement on fixing this issue? The current version of Storyline 360 is still showing the same behavior.

Hyperlinks that span more than 1 line highlight separately, they do not highlight as a single link on rollover.

• Hello!

Although I love the hyperlinks release, I have found that if the link is longer than 2 lines that the hover turns into a block and will highlight additional text that is not part of the hyperlink. I'm wondering if there is a setting for this that can be adjusted. 

I've attached an example that demonstrates how SL360 highlights when the hyperlink is contained within a single line, across 2 lines, and across 3 lines. 

BeccaLevan
      Community Member

Hello Susan!

Thanks for reaching out, and I appreciate you including the sample file!

I see the same thing you described, so I've enlisted the help of our support engineers by opening a case on your behalf!

Stay tuned for an email from one of my teammates with a next step, and we'll keep the conversation going in your case, so we have all the details in one spot!

SusanRice-88615
        Community Member

Thank you Becca for your response. One of your team members did contact me. Hoping it's something that can be fixed soon for a more aesthetic look. Happy for the time being that the links function :)

BeccaLevan
      Community Member

Hello Erin!

I'm so sorry to hear you're also running into this issue—and I'm happy you reached out!

Feel free to share your file privately here with our support team so they can help troubleshoot! As soon as one of my teammates investigates your file, they'll be in touch with a next step!

GlenYoung
    Community Member

I've also frequently experienced the same issue that Susan and Erin experience. When I have a multi-line hyperlink, occasionally the blue highlight covers more than it should. This seems to frequently happen after a course is translated.

I'm attaching two pictures: one demonstrating the issue, and one showing what happens when I insert a single space before the hyperlink, which seems to fix it.