Forum Discussion

UKTrainingTeam
Community Member
2 years ago

Multiple input for text entry variables

Hi! I've created a calendar with clickable dates, I'd like the learners to choose whether they want to type a date in the box or choose a date from the calendar. Then I'd like the date they've entered to appear on following slides - is this possible? 

I've created a text reference that will bring through what they've typed, but can't figure out how to include a date they've chosen from the calendar. 

Please see the screenshot! Thanks! 

• Hello UK Training Team,

Thanks for reaching out!

There isn't a native date picker functionality available in Storyline 360, but I've seen some examples created by users that make use of Javascript to achieve this. Here's one example: 

I'll let members of the community chime in with other solutions that they're willing to share so you can check out other options!

• Thanks Joe, this does look useful - but Im a total newbie at javascript & don't understand what Im doing with it! 

Is there a way to do this without JS? I basically want the next slide to reflect what is in a certain box, regardless of how the info was put in there. 

Im trying to replicate an internal system we use, for training purposes. Some fields are free text & some have a dropdown.

Another example of what Im trying to do: A dropdown has several options, I want the user to choose one, & whatever they've chosen to reflect on the following screen. Ive built the dropdown then put each result on a different layer, but that means I have multiple text entry boxes to link my reference to - is there a better way to do this please? 

• Hello,

Thanks for sharing the solution that worked for you! I'm sure this will come in handy for anyone who comes across a similar design requirement.