Forum Discussion

MichalTavor-725
Community Member
7 days ago

Multiple Text Entry interaction

Hi,

I've created a Latin practice activity where learners must type the correct phrasings for each word. Each slide has 12 entry boxes, and I've used a "Pick one" interaction with a trigger to mark the correct button as "selected" when all text entries are correct.

However, when reviewing the slide and attempting to submit it, I received an error: "Invalid answer - you must complete the question before submitting." I'm unable to identify the cause of this issue.

I've attached the file for your review. Could someone please examine it and advise on any potential errors in my setup?

Thanks

JesseWu
    Community Member

Try reverse the trigger order to:

When user clicks submit:

Set state Button 1 to Selected;

if ......

Submit (interaction) Pick One 1

Works on my test.

My GPT bro said:

Sent by you:
    Why does this submit interaction is treated as question tools and it will trigger a "Invalid answer - you must complete the question before submitting."?

The error message “Invalid answer - you must complete the question before submitting” typically occurs when the interaction expects a specific state or condition to be met before submission. Here are some common reasons why this might happen:

Unmet Conditions: The “Pick One” interaction expects at least one answer choice to be in the “Selected” state. If none of the items are in this state when the submit button is clicked, the error will be triggered.

Trigger Order: The order of triggers can affect the interaction. If the submit trigger is activated before the conditions for marking the correct answer are met, the interaction will not recognize the completion