Forum Discussion

StefanieKirs743
Community Member
13 days ago

Text Entry/Project Views

Hi Heroes!

I am working on a project that calls for the user to enter in information using keypads. Everything's set up and the keypads work, but the problem is that the user has to enter the same number a couple of times on different slides (Slide 1 and Slide 4) and I'm hitting a wall with this.

In Slide Preview, Slide 4 works just fine. But in Scene Preview, there's some screw-up where the project won't let the user insert numbers again.

Originally both slides had the variable "TractorNumInput". The first thing I tried was changing the variable and the JavaScript that is attached to that slide. I might be one step closer, as the dysfunctional slide still works in Slide View with the new variable, but still won't work with the sign-in slide when I preview the scene.

I've attached the slides that pertain to this issue. Slide 1 is the sign in slide that works and Slide 4 is the one that does not work.

Any insight/help is GREATLY appreciated!

• Hello,

Given that you have only 1 input field on the slide 4. You don't need to be too stiff about the monitor part. You don't need anything more than:

var player = GetPlayer();
    var TractorNumVerify = player.GetVar("TractorNumVerify");

TractorNumVerify += "0";
    player.SetVar("TractorNumVerify", TractorNumVerify);

Originally, on page 4, You were still monitoring input fields from the page 1. Of course, you will need to manually set focus to the input field by clicking there first, before you can enter anything.

JesseWu
    Community Member

Hello,

Given that you have only 1 input field on the slide 4. You don't need to be too stiff about the monitor part. You don't need anything more than:

var player = GetPlayer();
    var TractorNumVerify = player.GetVar("TractorNumVerify");

TractorNumVerify += "0";
    player.SetVar("TractorNumVerify", TractorNumVerify);

Originally, on page 4, You were still monitoring input fields from the page 1. Of course, you will need to manually set focus to the input field by clicking there first, before you can enter anything.