Forum Discussion

pmwatersedge
Community Member
16 days ago

Need Setups: Detailed Feedback in Quiz Review Only

Hello. I am fairly new to Storyline 360. I plan to set up many quizzes and I cannot find the best way to have detailed feedback on each question that shows in the Review ONLY. I don't want the feedback to show when the learner is taking the quiz initially. I like the current review slide that has the question and shows the learner's response and the correct response with the check mark, but I want to provide feedback for my one correct and two incorrect responses that lets the learner know in one sentence (for each response) why the response is correct or incorrect. I see a text box that can be expanded on the Review layer, but the original review response is very transparent and hard to read - plus I can seem to find if this can be edited (other than fiddling with the background color).  Please advise. This doesn't seem like it should be an unusual set-up, but I can't find the answer.  Pam

• If you choose to keep the Feedback layers, you could then create a new layer (call it "Explanation" or something to differentiate from the "Answer" layer) that is displayed when the learner clicks a button on the "Incorrect" layer. On that layer, you could include a more detailed explanation of why the answer(s) was/were wrong. Use a text box with a gray/white fill and a darker boundary so that the question (base layer) is covered, except perhaps for the initial answer selections.

Without seeing the types of questions you are asking it's a bit difficult to show you a similar example, but here's what we've done to accomplish this same result using this path (attached story).

pmwatersedge
    Community Member

I decided to keep the simple Correct and Incorrect feedback during the quiz, but added the Explanation layer on the Review slide. The Review slide has an explanation of the Correct answer, but I placed a button on this layer so the learners could click it get to longer explanations of the Incorrect answers if they want. Thanks for your help.

pmwatersedge
    Community Member

Thank you for providing another solution. I am using multiple choice questions only, with one correct answer and two incorrect answers. Very simple structure. I will take a look at your example. If triggers need to be added, this is setup I need to get more familiar with. I have many years of building courses in an LMS, but my coworker did all of the Storyline/SCORM creation.

JHauglie
    Community Member

If you choose to keep the Feedback layers, you could then create a new layer (call it "Explanation" or something to differentiate from the "Answer" layer) that is displayed when the learner clicks a button on the "Incorrect" layer. On that layer, you could include a more detailed explanation of why the answer(s) was/were wrong. Use a text box with a gray/white fill and a darker boundary so that the question (base layer) is covered, except perhaps for the initial answer selections.

Without seeing the types of questions you are asking it's a bit difficult to show you a similar example, but here's what we've done to accomplish this same result using this path (attached story).

• To remove immediate feedback on a question, go to the QUESTION TOOLS>DESIGN ribbon. Then select "None" as the Feedback setting.

Storyline will automatically delete the Correct and Incorrect layers. And the program will just advance to the next question when the user submits it. 

The Review layer uses the Review Feedback Master Layout. You can redesign that layout as desired. To access it, go to the VIEW ribbon, and select Feedback Master. 

pmwatersedge
      Community Member

Thanks for responding. I didn’t see the Review Feedback Master, but I probably didn’t look for it from the Review layer. I will play with this.