Forum Discussion

RenaMaguire-3b5
Community Member
7 years ago

"Next" layer showing unexpectedly on mobile

I have an interaction that requires the user to select all the boxes before being able to progress to the next slide. Each box triggers a different layer. There is a variable that changes to "true" once all the boxes are "visited". There is a layer that pops up to remind the user to select all the boxes if they click next and the variable is false.

The interaction works fine in preview, or when published and viewed on a computer. However, when testing on my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy), the layer reminder pops up randomly along with other layers that are triggered.

I have been able to replicate this problem in  a test, which is attached.

The project was developed in Articulate 360 and was published for LMS. It was tested on two LMS with a Samsung Galaxy using Chrome.

• Hi Rena,

I see it has been quiet on here for 7 months. Has any solution been found? We are experiencing the same issue with Android devices and tablets causing complaints from customers to come through to our HelpDesk.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

• Hello Elizabeth and welcome to E-Learning Heroes 😊 

Thank you for contacting us and sharing that you're running into a similar issue.

Just to confirm, is your Next button set to display layers and some layers are displaying intermittently without using the Next button in Android Chrome?

This bug is still open with our team and I wanted to share some information on how we define bugs and how we tackle them when they occur.

• Unfortunately, the case has not been resolved although the issues is almost 2 years old.

We still do not have a good work-around for this problem, either. It's as though the screen becomes hyper-sensitive to swiping, to the point where just tapping is interpreted as a swipe. 

You can use a variable to stop the Next button from working, but depending on your slide you may not want to restrict the user.

ElizabethAnd461
      Community Member

Thank you both for the quick reply! Yes, that is correct, except this is happening for tablet and mobile devices beyond Android Chrome. Our next button is set to display an alert layer if the learner has not completed certain tasks. We are experiencing similar issues for any courses with drag and drop interactions on tablets and mobile devices, as well. I appreciate the suggestion, but we do not want to restrict the learner by disabling the next button. Is it possible to turn off swipe functionality for mobile devices and tablets?

[Medline]

Elizabeth Andreas
      Senior Course Designer/Developer
      Marketing
      Medline Industries, Inc.
      www.medline.com

O:847-643-4720
      eandreas@medline.com

• Just FYI for everyone, this tapping issue is still causing problems. However, recent updates to Storyline have resolved the related issue where we could not disable swiping next and previous. I have tested it out, and it seems that disabling swiping is a good work-around for anyone experiencing this tapping issue.