Forum Discussion

LaurenBeeson
Community Member
4 months ago

Numbered Lists

Besides changing the theme color, is there a reason the color in a numbered list (that is, on the circle) doesn't auto-adjust when placed on a darker background? We have a dark blue theme color, but occasionally, we want to put a numbered list on a darker background. However, the dot color does not adjust to meet accessibility guidelines. See photo. 

LaurenBeeson
    Community Member

Awesome! I can get the change to work in edit mode but when I go to preview it disappears. 

PhilFoss
    Community Member

Remember to test your code by hitting 'preview' (and crossing your fingers) as this method does not work on this element, hopefully Wilfred can remove that instruction. What you could do is use the method here and change the image to a simple background color/circle shape. I'll plan to record this method in action.

LaurenBeeson
      Community Member

Hi Phil, I may be missing something but I just have a bunch of li class associated with my numbered list and no li style like in your video

PhilFoss
        Community Member

In that example I'm actually using the regular text block- I love using that one as it is more of a blank canvas to start with- no built-in elements that can't be modified.

• Hi Lauren,

What about instead of using a colour background you upload an image with that colour, and for overlay select 0%. Then the numbers will be black on white. I added the choco colour file I used below.

Hope that makes sense. Screenshot below is the old and new style.