Forum Discussion

JordanPipka
Community Member
3 years ago

Numbered/Checkbox List Bullets Misaligned

I went into Rise yesterday after the most recent update (3/7/22) and noticed that all of my numbered/checkbox list items were misaligned. Before, the numbered/checkbox bullets were always vertically aligned to the top. This made the items look nice and evenly spread, even if one item had more content than another. Now, it appears the bullets are all aligned to the middle which has totally messed up the look and format of my course. It also makes it very hard to tell which sentence begins each bullet item. 

See attached screenshot for comparison.

Thanks

• Hi there, Jordan and Karl. We're on it! Sorry for the trouble, and I'll follow up here once we have a fix.

• Hi, I'm also experiencing this, and I agree, it makes my larger blocks look very misaligned.

• Hey everyone! Your list block alignment should be back to normal! Let us know if you aren't seeing what you expect.

JordanPipka
      Community Member

Yup, it's back to normal now. Thanks for the quick fix!

• My team is also experincing issues with list blocks but in a different way. Our bullets are appearing below the content or sitting directly on top of it. Please see the attached sample. For us, this problem persists across mutilple courses and is not fixed for us. We have found that the only way we can fix this is by creating a new bullet list block, but it would take hours to comb through all content to find and fix them all. I'm hoping this is something that can be fixed by Articulate.

• We have the same issue with bulleted list, it has not been resolved for this.

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi Kassie.

That's really weird. I just created a bullet list that looks normal.

Do you use SHIFT+ENTER between bullets? It seems there are some blank lines in your list.

What happens if you remove the bullets and then re-apply them?

KassiePidd-d0dc
        Community Member

no shift enter between bullet list items. i have been into the 'edit' settings as well and there are no extra spaces or lines within the text.

• That's happening with list blocks in Rise, which appears to be what Kassie posted. That behavior is not occuring when there is a bullet list added to a paragraph block. However, we are struggling with the functionality of the new text edit popup on paragraph blocks when applying bullets, but that's a different issue.

KassiePidd-d0dc
      Community Member

As Chad mentioned, it is only the bullet list blocks, not normal text blocks. But since the update, we are also having problems with regular dot points and formatting! 

• Hi folks! We've hit some snags with the recent updates to our text editor. While we love the joy of delivering new features, it should never come at the expense of usability. We've rolled back this release for now. Please us know if you’re still seeing any issues. I’m so sorry for the trouble!