Forum Discussion

BillyGeist
Community Member
2 years ago

Bulleted list - Bullet colors

Hey i was wondering if there is a way to change the bullet colors to match the actual font color of the bullet? For some reason i can not change the bullet's color from its default color of black. If i use the shortcut "alt-0-1-4-9" and insert a white bullet in there i have to tab over anything that falls on a second or third line. That works great if my students only used a full screen monitor to take my fire courses, but that is not the case. When it is viewed on other devices it completely breaks the sentence structure. Screenshot shows a regular bullet, and then with my shortcut of "alt-0-1-4-9".

• Hi Billy!

I understand that you want to change the color of your bullets to match the font that you are using. So sorry this isn't possible in Rise right now. I've added you to the list and if we make any changes, we'll update this thread.

PhilFoss
    Community Member

That's unfortunate, haven't run into this yet but I probably will at some point. I was able to add custom css as a test, here is what the css looks like:

.block-text.[style*="920000"] li::marker {
    color: white;
    }

The 920000 is the hex number of my red background, you would need to change that to match the block background hex number. So throughout my course, it will use white for the bullet (marker).

• Hmm, that's odd that it's not available because one of your sample courses has it available (this one) - it seems that the bullets match the theme of the course. Hopefully, this is made available to creators in the future. 

PhilFoss
      Community Member

Hi Kurtis here's another method I posted in a different thread, this trick works within Rise without having to modify exported files/code

KurtisHaines
        Community Member

That's great, thanks so much! I had no idea that was even an option.