Forum Discussion

ElisabethH
Community Member
3 months ago

On revisit, having the layer resume to saved state

I'm having some trouble with the layers returning to the saved state. I have things occur on a layer (like an item sliding in or a motion path). 

Slide 1. 1 layers. Both the layer and the slide are set to resume saved state. On revisit, the slide goes to layer 1 but the layer hasn't completed yet, so the animation replays. How do I change the setting so clicking the back button to revisit layer 1 will result in the learner seeing the END of the layer 1 timeline versus starting at the beginning of layer 1 timeline? I don't want the slide animation to re-occur when the user clicks the back button.

Besides a bazillion triggers and variables, how do I make this happen? (I could maybe do a Slide 1=true when the user clicks the next button. And, if slide 1 = true then have timeline start at XX (end of timeline or something. But this has to be easier than that right?)

I'm having a similar issue with Slide 2. User goes to slide 3. Clicks back. Last layer of slide 2 appears but the user still has to click the next arrow to get the animation to trigger and check the form. I want the form to be checked already on re-visit.

Review Tool Demo: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/c63295bb-9308-41c1-aeec-0df4e478ce32/review