Forum Discussion

IrisSchlabitz
Community Member
3 months ago

Own Themes and Fonts as default

Since the last update of Storyline (v 3.89.32618.0), the Themes in the design tab seems to have a problem to keep in default mode. 

I have (as with previous versions when the theme was no longer default) set up my theme, right clicked it and set it to Default by right click and choosing "set as default theme". Also, I saved the theme as a backup. 

When opening Storyline the next time, it either shows the standard theme again instead of my saved one, or it uses my default theme but totally ignores the font that I have set the theme to.

I also experienced that when setting the theme to default, then adding my own player, the default tick is gone again within my theme, which would then revert back to the standard theme the next time I start storyline.

I was wondering if I suddenly do something wrong or if anyone else has the same problem?

• Hi Iris,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. 

We are currently tracking a known bug that causes the "set default theme" option to not work for custom themes. I did a quick test just now and can confirm that using the built-in themes allows this option to work for newly opened Storyline 360 project files. Can I ask if you are using custom themes on your projects so I can add you to the bug report?

If you're using built-in themes as your default themes without any modification, try repairing your Storyline 360 installation to see if this helps.

• Hi Jose, yes, I am using one customized theme for all of my projects. Currently it works when loading a new project, meaning it has my customized theme as default. However the Fonts always reverts back to the Open Sans instead of the one I set for the customized theme.

Kindly add me to the bug report.

Thank you!

EricSantos
      Staff

Thanks for confirming that you're using a customized theme, Iris! What you see is related to the bug report we are monitoring. I added you to the report, so you'll be notified once this is fixed.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you encounter other problems or have any discoveries to share.