Forum Discussion

StephenLambrick
Community Member
4 years ago

PEEK wont run at all.

I have a fairly well specified Windows 10 Pro PC and have only recently started using Articulate, I cannot get Peek to load or run at all. The Icon appears in the system tray but nothing happens when I click on it. Any clues anyone?

• Is there fix for this issue?  We are experiencing the same problem (Peek 360 not opening but icon in task area).

• Same here - no sign of if it's even recording after choosing a window to record - not even a visual indicator of the area being recorded.

• Hi Jennifer and ELMRTeam, 

I'm sorry you're both having trouble with Peek 360 - as it's one of my favorite tools! I took a look at the earlier cases filed with our Support team mentioned in this discussion and there were two possibilities you may want to look into:

1. The Peek 360 software was blocked by internal security policies as it records access to record your screen and/or audio. The individuals' IT team was able to resolve this. 
    2. In one scenario, we determined that Peek lost read/write access to the Peek folder in the Documents directory. This inadvertently prevents Peek from launching. 

In both cases, working with your IT folks is the next best step. If you need us to help gather more information before you connect with them, our Support team is standing by to help! 

• Peek doesn't work for me at all either. I've worked with my IT, we can't finger out why it won't work, I have the correct access. Once apon a time it did work... but now I don't get the popup screen to select which window I want to capture... it's very frustrating.

• Hi, Genevieve.

Thank you for opening a support case with our engineers!

Our team will be in touch soon via e-mail.

GenevieveDesmar
      Community Member

It took a while to get back to this because I needed a quite time at work to allow support to take over my machine but it got resolved and thought that I should share what the problem/solution was. The issue was a conflict between my two monitors. By switch which one was the main monitor and adjusting the resolution this solved this issue for me. Hope this is helpful for others :)

AliciaAnaya
    Community Member

Well, I have the same issue time ago and after several type to solutions, but finally worked when I removed the "Peek"  folder an I created it again. Be careful to back up the files that are in the folder before to remove  it if you don´t want to lose contents of this folder. When you remove the folder, you need to recreate it with exactly the same name "Peek" respecting capitals and minuscules, that's how I did it. Restart the computer and you're done... I hope this procedure also works for you

• Hi Genevieve,

I'm glad this issue was resolved! Thank you for updating the thread with the solution. I'm sure it will help others in the community who might experience this.

• Help! I need Peek today for an overdue assignment. I read the threads and deleted the app. Now how can I reload it? Peek couldn't read my audio (problem on its end) and I need to record now. Please assist. First, how to reload?

• Hi Deborah, 

Thanks so much for reaching out! Sorry to hear you're running into audio issues with Peek 360.  Happy to help! 

I see that you've opened a support case with us. Great call! One of our talented Support Engineers will be in touch shortly via email. Thank you for your patience. 

In the meantime, I'd like to share this article to assist with troubleshooting:

(This article includes support articles, system requirements, and links to assist with downloading Peek 360 to your computer.)

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

DeborahHoman-bd
      Community Member

Please have someone call me asap. I got the program to run but it didn’t record audio.

Sent from my iPhone

• Hi Deborah,

I see a case has been opened for your Peek issue. You are in great hands with our support engineers! They will be in contact soon to help you through this issue. Your best line of communication for the case is via email with the support engineer assigned to the case.

Thanks again for reaching out!