Forum Discussion

LoraZabik
Community Member
20 hours ago

PLEASE HELP - 2nd Request for course review - uploaded to Review 360

Hello - Based on the feedback I received from those that reviewed my previous versions, I revised the course and made several other additional changes since it was still lacking. The course has been uploaded on to Review 360, which it is titled Work-Life Balance (Rev. 3) --- see link below. Please be sure to let me know if link is not working.

Can one of the ID experts once again please review this new version and provide additional feedback? Your brutal honesty will be very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise!

Work-Life Balance (Rev. 3) - Please Review

• Really nice looking course, Lora. One point I would make is in the 'Why is Work-Life Balance Important?' lesson, where you have a 'click here' hyperlink.

This isn't particularly good practice from an accessibility or usability perspective, so I would suggest changing it something more actionable like "Read 5 Ways to Bust Stress in 5 Minutes or Less to learn about some quick stress-busting techniques that can help you in the moment" and hyperlink the 'Read 5 Ways to Bust Stress in 5 Minutes or Less' text.

Saying that, this is all very subjective at times, and just my personal preference. Other than that, really nice looking course 😀

SamHill
      Super Hero

Good point NeilForrest-ea7 and this isn't subjective. "Click here" is objectively a bad experience for Assistive Technology (AT) users. AT users have the ability to use shortcuts to read all links on a page. If all links have used the term "click here", the AT user will have a long list of meaningless "click here" links, rather than a link of lists with meaning, for example your good suggestion of: "Read 5 Ways to Bust Stress in 5 Minutes or Less"

• Hi Lora - First, the content for this course looks really fantastic, and you obviously know your way around Rise. 

One thing that jumped out to me was a bit of inconsistency in how the visuals were used to kick off each lesson.

For example, some lessons begin with a concept images (like work-life balance), while others start with a photo of people or just a paragraph of text. No biggie, but I did catch myself wondering if I skipped something when I hit the "Signs you need to take a break" lesson that just started with text and no heading.

If you’re looking for feedback on specific parts of the course, just let us know. It’ll help us focus in on exactly what you're looking for.

I hope that helps!