Forum Discussion

PaulKratz
Community Member
2 years ago

PowerPoint import to Storyline fails

Trying to import any PowerPoint file to Storyline 360 fails. even a new created empty PPT-file with just a single word added fails. I always get a Visual Basic error message.

I tried it with the although installed Storyline 3. It worked once but fails afterwards although.

Older PowerPoint files which I could import in the past fail as well.

I did updates on both Storyline versions. Updates on Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 are handled by our companies IT department but should be up-to-date. 

Any idea what I can do?

• Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear you've hit this snag regarding importing PowerPoint slides to Storyline!

I wanted to confirm if you've already checked the items in this article to resolve the import problem:

If the issue persists and you're working on your local drive, try running these steps to address possible installation issues.

If you would like us to investigate further, connect with us in a case as needed. We're happy to help!

Start a Support Case

• Tried two days ago to import a new PPTX file and the import failed.  I get the error message, "Failed to import PowerPoint presentation", and I reviewed the document pointed to (no passwords/security issues). Like Paul, corp IT manages the updates and because of our DoD related business, these are up to date. The feature was working fine early last week for me, but I noticed an update was installed August 22, 2023. There is another location that is having the same problem, and we need to get this resolved soon. Ideas?

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Cynthia!

Sorry to hear you've also run into issues when importing PowerPoint files to Storyline! I'd be happy to help troubleshoot and have some follow-up questions to start.

If you're willing to share copies of the affected files, our support engineers would be happy to investigate this further. You can share them here in this discussion or privately through a support case.

We'll delete them from our system as soon as we're finished!