Forum Discussion

ChadBushman-896
Community Member
3 years ago

PREVIOUS button disabled. Unknown reason. Bueller . . .Bueller?

In my Storyline project, the PREVIOUS button is disabled and I do not know why this is occurring.

When I add a trigger to set the previous button to NORMAL on a particular slide, the previous button will show and become active.

I have included screenshots of the Player navigation restriction option, which is set to FREE.  Additionally, I included a screenshot of slide properties.

Could it be due to the latest update?

Any help and insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

AbiGouker
    Community Member

Hi Chad!

It looks like you are doing everything right! When you are in "Story View" do you have these player triggers appear (see attachment "Player Triggers")? Sometimes after an update it just needs a reset/reminder of the auto settings you want. Hope this helps!

• Abigail,

Thanks for your reply.  

Yes.  Every slide has the NEXT / PREVIOUS triggers.  I also included a screen grab of what is on each side.

I am very perplexed.

• It irks me when people solve a problem and do not paste the solution for others to gain.  So, for those interested, here is the answer from the ticket I submitted.  

"If you preview the slides individually, it's expected to have the previous button disabled. However, if you preview or publish the entire project or scene, the previous buttons on your slides without layers are enabled."

This is exactly what was happening.  I was previewing the slides individually and the PREVIOUS button was disabled.  However, when the entire scene was previewed, the PREVIOUS button was just as it should be.

Cleo, thank you for taking the time to fully explain the situation!

• Chad this was very helpful - should have been able to figure this out on my own but I didn't until I saw this. How frustrating it was! Thanks again for posting an answer.