Forum Discussion

GailBell
Community Member
10 months ago

Disable the keyboard shortcut for Next and Previous buttons

Can you tell me how to disable the keyboards that appear when hovering over the navigation buttons in Storyline? Thanks in advance for any solutions you have.  It's driving me crazy trying to get rid of them.

GailBell
    Community Member

Actually meant to type Keyboard shortcuts in the first sentence.

• Hi Gail!

It sounds like you had questions about toggling the Player tooltips on and off in Storyline.

The Player tooltips were added to satisfy WCAG criteria, so it’s important for accessibility, and, therefore cannot be disabled. However, we currently have a feature request logged which would give authors the ability to disable them if needed.

I've included your voice in the feature report and will update this discussion as soon as we have news to share.

Thanks for reaching out!

• My company requests this as well. We have module series that trainees have to take in order, but some were designed 1-3 years ago, and some this week. The player will be flipping around with this feature coming and going. The older modules are of course live in the LMS.  

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Andy!

Thank you for sharing the feedback on what you and your team would like to see in Storyline 360! I've included you in the feature report and will update this discussion as soon as we have news to share!

Have a great rest of your week!

• "Can you tell me how to disable the keyboards that appear when hovering over the navigation buttons in Storyline?" Our company has the same big problem. Our teaching materials are not so enjoyable. We would be satisfied the ability to disable them if needed.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Zsuzsanna!

Thanks for reaching out!

I've added your voice to the feature request so you can be notified if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap!

Have a great start to your week!

1. Could you please let me know when we are able to disable or hide this 'feature?'  It 's very distracting. I tried removing the text associated with it for when you click the Next and Previous buttons, but it still leaves the surrounding box. 
      StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Robin!

Thanks for the feedback!

I've included you in the feature report and will provide updates as soon as we have news to share. If you'd like to stay up to date, please bookmark our Feature Roadmap.