Forum Discussion

SteveSim-46d1fa
Community Member
4 months ago

Publishing Storyline to mp4 format with videos inserted

HI there

I am trying to publish a 30 slide storyline file, some of the slides have layers with a video on the base layer which is started and paused on the timeline before going to the next layer and so on..  when publishing storyline just sits for 2 hours and says its run out of time the 2 hour limit, is there a limitation using layers this way and publishing to mp4?

Thanks in advance...

Steve

• Hi Steve,

I understand you're experiencing an issue publishing your Storyline course to video. We've heard similar reports in the past that the publish as MP4 feature takes a while, especially when the course contains a large number of audio or video files. We released a fix that seemed to resolve that issue.

If you're already on the latest update of Storyline 360 (Build 3.88.32574.0) and publishing the video to a local path on your computer (such as the C: drive), it'd be helpful to take a closer look at your .Story file for further testing. You can upload that here or share it privately in a support case. We'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.

SteveSim-46d1fa
      Community Member

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the reply.

Everytime the publishing process got to a slide with a video on the base layer and then layers with pause and play actions  for the video and TTS to speech it would just time out and fail.

In the end to make it work I put the layers into several slides  and trimmed the video to suit the content on each slide.

It now publishes OK. So I have stopped building with layers and multiple actions per slide.

Thanks again.

Steve

• Thanks for sharing what worked for you, Stephen. I'm sure it will be helpful to others who encounter something similar in their projects. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great start to your week!